What is heroin? How people get addicted to it?
Heroin addiction is a very dangerous addiction that is plaguing the world since the late 19th century and it is creating havoc all around. Heroin is made from poppy plant and this opium based drug is one of the leading drug substances that are being used by millions every day in the world. The pleasurable sensation that this drug provides is also known as rush which leads to millions getting addicted to it on a daily basis. It makes people forget their troubles and sorrows and that helps them escape from reality for some time and this is another reason which leads people getting addicted to this narcotic drug. As people who regularly injects or snorts it gets immune to its power they will then need more and more amount of heroin and sometime they snort it with cocaine or take it with other drugs to get more effect of the drug and by this way their recovery gets really problematic. Heroin or diamorphine is mainly a kind of recreational drug that was once used as a pain reliever and for other medicinal uses, but the drug and the illegal industry has used it a drug substance and its addiction is increasing every single day. This narcotic drug makes one physically and mentally dependent on the drug on a very bad level. There are several other side-effects as well and it is becoming one of the major causes of deaths all around the world.
How it is used?
It is used in the form of injections; it is snorted and sniffed even. Smoking heroin is another common way of in taking it. As the number of addicts increases similarly the trafficking business raises as well making people more vulnerable to substance abuse. Help for drug addiction is the only way through which addicts can be helped all over the world.
Signs and symptoms
It is necessary to learn about the signs and symptoms of drug addiction in order to stop it and help the addict so that it doesn’t get out of control. Take a look at them.
- Liver problems with continuous use of heroin can occur and even kidney problems can occur too.
- Severe lung disorders are also symptoms of addiction.
- Sleeplessness and insomnia becomes very common for heroin addicts.
- Diarrhoea and other stomach problems and vomiting also can be treated as the signs of heroin consumption. Check out these signs to learn more about the patient and to see whether he/she is becoming an addict or not. As soon as you will get to know everything then you will be able to start treatment as well and the recovery chances are very high within the first few months.
- It affects the nervous system in various ways and the white matter found in the brain decreases very much. This affects the total health system of the body and is very bad for the addict.
Several rehabs in Utah and in other places help the addict and help them get back their own normal life. It is our duty to help them as well for the betterment of our society.