Gynecology and Obstetrics are two medical specialties that have seen incredible change and growth over the years. These two specialties are frequently merged as a single specialty and are known in diverse abbreviated terms such as OBG, OB/GYN, O&G, etc. Though gynecology and obstetrics are often stated as a distinct medical specialty, obstetrics takes care of pregnant care while gynecology is an umbrella term that includes any disorder or disease in the female reproductive system.
Gynecology and Obstetrics is the specialty that concentrates on the treatment of women. Gynecology deals with maternity care before birth, support pregnant and after treatment when gynecologist is facing the wide-ranging health of women, concentrating on female genitalia. The specialists asked the obstetrician midwife, while women have gynecological diseases specialist like Victoria Mondloch.
Both these two specialties gynecology and obstetrics clumped together because both engage in caring for women. Specialties are the prenatal and maternal care, where management obstetric high-risk pregnancy, as well as reproductive health and family planning, endocrinology, hormones, research on the reproductive system.
Practitioner of gynecology and obstetrics called an OB/GYN. Many OB/GYNs are women, although many male doctors talent working in this discipline too. The motive behind this is that gynecology and obstetrics takes care of sensitive female subjects, some patients prefer to work with female surgeons, particularly those who are concerned about decency and shyness. In obstetrics in rural areas and fundamental services provided by practitioners who have no unique training, but can still offer the required benefits to their patients.
An obstetrician/gynecologist like Dr. Victoria J Mondloch is a physician professional who provides surgical and medical care of women and has particular proficiency in childbirth, pregnancy, and genital disorders. This consists of prenatal care, preventive care, and detection of sexually transmitted diseases, family planning and Pap smears.
OB/GYNs like Victoria J Mondloch may choose to specialize in the following areas:
- Acute and Chronic Disease
- Behavioral problems of adolescents
- Maintaining health during pregnancy
- Operative Gynecology Infertility Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Urinary tract disorders
- Preventative health
Maternal / Fetal Medicine
- Concerned with the care and consultation for patients with complications during pregnancy
- Requires knowledge of obstetrics, surgical and medical complications for the mother and fetus, the existing methods of diagnosis and treatment, neonatal and adaptation.
- Concerned with the discussion and all-inclusive treatment of patients with gynecological cancer
- Needs knowledge of the treatment of main cancers, diagnosis and difficulties of cancer
Endocrinology of Reproduction and Infertility
- Reproductive infertility and endocrinology do with the management of complex problems relating to reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
- Requires information on the treatment and diagnosis of hormonal disorders and sterility.
For precision in Obstetrics and Gynecology, a specialist like Dr. Victoria J Mondloch must first complete four years of medical school, he must have to pursue residency. If your doctor wants to concentrate on subspecialty, such as fertility treatments or gynecological surgery, more will be charged.