Arthritis consists of a group of medical conditions that are degenerative and painful in nature which predominantly includes inflammation of the joints that cause pain and stiffness. The most common among the group is called Osteoarthritis which is known to grown worse with the increase of age. It results from regular wear and tear of the joints that has occurred in years. Another type of arthritis is known as Rheumatoid arthritis where the body’s immune system attacks the joints thinking that they are harmful foreign tissues. This condition is also referred to be an autoimmune disease by many researchers and doctors.
This condition cannot be treated completely, but doctors prescribe painkillers and anti-inflammatory medications to help relieve the pain. It is not unknown to us that medications always come with some side-effects. Therefore, trying out the natural arthritis pain reliefways is always helpful for a long-run. But, it is always advisable to consult a doctor before trying to experiment with anything.
Managing arthritis pain can be very challenging for most of the people. In such scenarios, you can try some changes in your lifestyle to deal with the condition effectively.
- Losing of Weight: The pain associated to arthritis has a direct correlation to the weight of an individual. Extra weight tends put more pressure on the joints which include the hips, feet, and knees. If you focus on reducing your weight, it will help in managing the pain immensely. It will help you be more flexible and mobile and significantly reduce the pain. It will also help in reducing the chances of any future damage.
- Using Hot-Cold Therapy: Taking a simple treatment method as hold and cold therapy will help a lot in decreasing the amount of arthritis pain. Try taking frequent warm showers for a longer duration to make your joints more flexible. Keep a heating pad or an electric blanket handy at night to help your joints stay loose. Using cold treatments can be really helpful to manage inflammation, swelling, and joint pain. If you are looking for a quick relief, wrap a packet of frozen peas or gel ice pack in a dry towel and place it near the painful joints.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a treatment method that was widely used by the ancient Chinese to treat medical conditions. It incorporates needles, which are inserted in specific body parts to restore the balance of the body by rerouting the body energies. This therapy is counted as one of the most researched one and even the World Health Organization recommends it to people for conditions that are over 100 in number.
- Using Meditation: Meditation is also very useful in reducing the pain caused by arthritis. The stress levels of the individual are significantly reduced as well. Many researches also say that mindfulness meditation is also extremely powerful against painful joints.
- Adding Turmeric to Food: Turmeric is known to contain anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin present in it helps in reducing the arthritis pain. A research study on lab rats also showed positive results.
Managing arthritis needs dedication and patience. Try out these ways for managing the pain better.