If you’re into bodybuilding and fitness then you must be aware of mass gainers. These are a type of supplements that are specially formulated to provide ample nutrients needed for muscle growth and healthy mass gain. There is a perfect blend of carbohydrates, proteins, and calories. This combination works wonders to bulk up your muscles rather rapidly.
Mass Gainer Benefits
Mass gainer supplements are not just for gaining muscle mass in a healthy way. There are various other benefits given below –
- Rich in carbohydrates
- Gives you the daily required calories
- High fiber content
- Has abundance of good fat that helps you stay lean
When should I start including mass gainer in my fitness routine?
Developing lean muscle just through workout is difficult. You need the balance of extensive workout and the right nutrition. Unfortunately your daily diet might fall short of the required nutrient value. Thus, it is best advised to add Mass Gainer Supplements. So when should you start including mass gainers in your fitness routine? For those of you who wish to achieve a bulky body even if you’re a beginner at gym, consuming mass gainer supplements will help. You can take mass gainer proteins even on off days. It will help you provide the daily nutrients for muscle building and growth.
Best time to have mass gainers
There is no best time to take mass gainer protein. But most people prefer taking it before and after workouts. Choose a variety that is rich in carbohydrates and has low fat content. The fast absorbing carbs help in insulin cycle, which in turn help pushing the required amino acids to the muscles and helping in muscle strengthening and recovery.
How many times you want to take it depends upon your fitness goal. Make sure that before consuming it, you check the calorie count and macronutrient value and then talk to your trainer to mark your daily amount. Ideally 1 -2 scoops are considered enough.
Mass Gainer Disadvantages
Now that you know what is a mass gainer, its benefits, and when to include it in your diet, you should know about the certain side effects as well. Having excess of any supplement may have negative effects on your health.
- Creatine and Caffeine – Many mass gainers have a significant amount of caffeine and creatine. When taken separately and in moderation, these can be beneficial. But when taken together they increase the risk of dehydration. Therefore, you should try to choose a mass gainer with just one of these ingredients rather than both together.
And just in case it has both caffeine and creatine, make sure you hydrate yourself
well. Keep drinking water throughout the day.
- Insomnia – Since most of these supplements have high content of caffeine, it may cause insomnia. Consuming them before a workout will give you that kick, but having them at night before bedtime is not a wide decision.
- Bad taste – This might not negative for your health, but the hideous taste of these supplements can surely be counted as a con. Some variants also have a bad aftertaste which might stick around for hours even after you’ve consumed the shake.
A lot of people think about how to choose the best mass gainer. Well, there are numerous brands available. But ideally a good mass gainer should have the carb to protein ratio as 3:1. Also you must check that the mass gainer supplement you choose should be enriched with digestive enzymes. This would help in digestion and reduce bloating. You can also check the nutrient content so that it provides all required minerals and vitamins for the overall development of your body.
There are so many mass gainers available in the market. Make sure you choose the right supplement that aligns with your fitness goals and fits into your budget. Research, read reviews, or talk to your trainer. You can order from many websites like healthkart.com, or buy from reliable retailer, or a certified store. Choices are many but Ultimate Nutrition, ON & MuscleBlaze Mass Gainer are few of the top mass gainers in India. MuscleBlaze Mass Gainer is known for its premium quality and affordable price.