Morphine is known to cause the very first, greatest and worst drug addiction epidemic in the history of mankind. Thousands of deaths are reported each year all over the world including Canada due to opioid addiction. In this opioid crisis, morphine addiction is one of the prominent cause. Moreover, there are numerous addicts facing social and health-related problems. Many are having trouble withdrawing the effects of prescribed morphine drugs and scared of falling for addiction. In addition, young boys and girls of colleges and universities are secretly becoming a victim of this morphine addiction. Hence, most of the addicts also go unnoticed and untreated. On the positive side, there are always treatment options available for yourself and your loved ones until the death reaches. For addiction disorders especially a severe one like morphine addiction, rehabilitation centers are the best option. As rehabilitation centers focus on a lot of aspects of the person and person’s life as well. They follow a systematic program that includes medication as well as therapies and numerous other treatment techniques that take a person as a whole. They try to reduce the cause of the addiction rather than symptoms.
Treatment Methods Rehabilitation Centers Follow
The answer to why rehabilitation centers are the best option for the morphine addiction treatment lies in the very cause of addiction. As addiction is a psychological and emotional problem. Moreover, it is mostly taken as a route to get rid of other psychological problems like depression, stress, and trauma. That is why integrated and holistic addiction treatments in rehabs give more fruitful results than others. Rehabilitation centers are usually of two types that is outpatient rehabs and inpatient rehabs. Outpatient rehabs are usually for a shorter period of time and do not provide living facilities whereas inpatients rehabs provide living facilities with thorough treatment and diagnoses. Some of the treatment methods that rehabilitation centers follow, depending on the ground values and strategic approaches and may be valid for some rehabs and not others are discussed below.
- One the treatments used is a cognitive-behavioural therapy which allows patients to identify and overcome the situations that induce desire for addiction.
- Motivational incentives is another therapy. Such therapy boosts self-restraint qualities from addictive drugs.
- Multidimensional family therapy includes family members of the drug addict by working on their relations.
- Motivational interviewing is prepared to motivate the patient for behavioural change and get treatment.
- Art therapy
- Medications generally include methadone based medicines.
- Sauna therapy
- Relapse prevention that is based on four psychosocial processes self-efficacy, outcome expectancies, attributions of causality, and decision-making.
- Client-centered approaches focus on three behaviours to be conducted by the therapist that is unconditional positive regard, accurate empathy, and genuineness.
- Individual therapy sessions
- Residential treatment, surrounded by people similar to you builds confidence and being at an amazing near to nature sites contribute to the recovery.
- Twelve-step programs
- Emotion regulation and mindfulness
- Group therapy sessions.
Hence, such kind of holistic treatments offered in rehabs has proved to be beneficial for many morphine and other drugs addicts.