Pregnancy is one of the best times that a woman can have in her life. But, there are certain obstacles that can disturb you while you are carrying. You are well aware of morning sickness. Back pain, cramps in limbs, constipation and several other problems are faced by the would-be moms. Digestion problem is one of the most common issues that women face when they are pregnant. You should consult your doctor and have digestion medicine during pregnancy.
The Common Digestive Problems Women face during Pregnancy
The first thing that troubles you this time is constipation. According to experts, this is one of the most common problems during pregnancy and around 40% of expecting women are getting troubled by this. While carrying, your body produces more progesterone. Usually, common constipation problem can be solved by including dietary fiber in your regular meal. But, when you are pregnant, including more fiber can make thesituation go all wrong. There are certain things you can do to get rid of this problem-
- Follow a paleo diet without any processed or refined food. This will help your bowel move efficiently.
- Keeping yourself hydrated is very important as water can keep your stool soft. You can go for warm drinks as those can work as magic.
- Go for alittle A Brisk walk or doing yoga can help you to stay away from constipation.
- Include magnesium or vitamin C supplements in your diet as that can keep your bowels hydrated and your problem of constipation can be solved.
- You can take high quality probiotic as strong gut flora can solve your constipation problem.
Not only the problem of constipation, but you can also suffer from heartburn due to the overproduction of progesterone during pregnancy. The oesophageal sphincter or the muscle at the top of your stomach get relaxed this time, and the acid, produced in your stomach, enters into your esophagus. This can cause serious and painful heartburn. Instead of having over-the-counter antacids, you should consult your doctor. Here are certain simple tips you can follow too-
- Start having meals with full of calorie and have smaller portions.
- Chew your food well before swallowing it.
- You should avoid drinking while eating. Again, while having water or tea, you should take small sips. You can have peppermint or ginger tea that can soothe your heartburn.
- Try to wear loose-fitting
- Never lie down just after having your meal. Stay in upright position. Try to follow the sitting meditation this time instead of lying down.
- Notice what you are eating. If you find certain foods are causing heartburn, avoid those.
These are common digestion problems that pregnant ladies may face often. Apart from these two major issues, often expecting mothers are troubled with belching or flatulence. They even suffer for food aversions and nausea. If your problems stay and you are facing repeatedly, you should consult adoctor immediately. Pregnancy digestion medicine can help you to overcome the problem.